Rollover Buttons - novice

Dumfy 13:40 22 Jun 03

Hi everyone,

This may seem a simple request, but I'm just starting out trying to design my own web page for some family photos. My question do I create a rollover button. Try as I might I can't get it to work.

My idea is to have a front page as the entrance to the site and an "enter" button on it. I'd like to make this a rollover. I've created three gifs for it - normal, mouse over and mouse down (click) already. I've tried both Paint Shop Pro 7 and Fireworks MX with out luck. Do they have to be created as "layers" or something? In Paint Shop Pro all I end up with is an html file (using image slice to get at the rollover option) and in Fireworks I end up in a knot !!

Thanks for the help and suggestions

Dumfy 18:39 22 Jun 03

but with the Href code. You have your three separate buttons made, that is the finish of your image editor's job.
The rollover occurs when you enter the HTML and Javascript into your page.

The first button is the original shown (HREF=pagename IMG SRC= blah blah). Then your code contains the javascript code:'On mouseover' and 'On click' commands pointing to the relevent graphics (IMG SRC= blah blah2) (then blah blah3)
Sorry to be so vague, but your image editor is only there for the design of the button.

Good luck, Whiz...

harristweed 19:25 22 Jun 03

Try this for the java script you need.

click here

slowhand_1000 19:46 22 Jun 03

use PaintShop Pro 7 to create a rollover image. If you click on the Help then type in Rollover it will explain, a darn site better than I can, on how to use the the 'Rollover Creator dialog box'

Doing the same in Fireworks will also give you quite a lot to go at.

Dumfy 08:54 23 Jun 03

Thanks harristweed - looks interesting and will be very helpful indeed.

I've tried the help files in both Paint Shop Pro and Fireworks but still can't get it to work. My reading's ok, but it ain't going in!

I was shown how to do it in Paint Shop a while ago, but can't remember how it was created unfortunately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…