Rogue Web pages

Swanskid 21:01 21 Dec 03

My desktop appears to have been invaded by two spurious webb sites both begin click here
They have also deposited themselves on my favourites and one is also on my home address instead of my ISP. All these items came be deleted and sent to the re-cycle bin and I can carry on as normal,
but when ever I re start my computer they are back again. Can anybody show me how I get rid of them for good. I have tried taking the second chance option and went back to july last but with no effect. I am running on Windows ME.

howard60 21:12 21 Dec 03

click on start - run and type msconfig - you should then have a line of tabs one of which should say startup. Click on it and remove the tick from the boxes with those names. Click apply and reboot. If it has done the deed put a tick in the box not to tell you again and all should be well.

Jester2K 21:16 21 Dec 03

Downlaod, install, update and run AdAware click here and SpyBot click here to search nad remove these Hijackers.

Swanskid 23:56 21 Dec 03

Thanks Howard60

There was not a file with these web sites but a file I recognised svchost.exe which hasbeen trying
to access for a while I unticked that file and restarted. The Rogue items did not appear. Hopefully that is it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…