Rogue folder I can't delete

david Wilson 19:21 24 Jun 05

I've started using Picasa to organise the growing photo collection - but when I re-organised and tried to delete one of the (now empty) folders that I'd created with Picasa, it wouldn't. Neither would "explorer"
The system is win2k, so Norton Utilities won't touch the NTFS file structure.
Windoze has locked the folder as being in use, and I can't get rid of it.
Anybody got any ideas?
David

mattyc_92 19:24 24 Jun 05

Try booting into safe mode and deleting it there?

Or check the permissions for the folder as this is normally the problem in WinXp and WinXP's secuirty is based on Win2k's

jimv7 19:26 24 Jun 05

Restart the computer, tapping the f8 key, from the available options choose 'safe mode', then delete the folder and restart windows normally.

VoG II 19:26 24 Jun 05

Try in Safe Mode click here

Or try Remove on Reboot click here

papa lazarous 21:44 24 Jun 05

open up a command prompt and navigate to where the folder is located. then do a ctrl-alt-del to bring up task manager. do an end task on explorer. use the still open command prompt to delete the folder. youshould now be able to delete it as explorer can't lock it. go back to task manager and create a new task 'explorer.exe' to get your desktop back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…