Rogue Email Messages

Vonnie 10:09 09 Jun 03

When I turn the PC on and I am faced with the Accounts screen, next to my name it says that I have 2 unread messages. One of them is for a Freeserve e-mail account that I no longer have and the other for my new e-mail account.

I have checked my e-mails and they are not in my Inbox.

The Freeserve one may be left over from when I deleted the account from Outlook and the other (Pipex) one was sent as a test when the account was set up. The Pipex account is definately working as I have had other messages to it, but I cannot access the rogue message.

I am not worried about what the e-mails are, but just need to get rid of the message telling me there are 2 unread messages.

Does anybody now how this can be done. I use Windows XP Home.

Valvegrid 10:23 09 Jun 03

I think if you delete the pst files that may cure it, be sure to save any emails you want before doing that,Outlook will replace the pst files you've removed.

I use Oulook at work here and I have to occasionally do this because the pst file gets corrupted.

powerless 10:28 09 Jun 03

click here

If you want download TweakUI in my post above and go to > Logon > Unread Email > Remove tick from "Show Unread mail..."

Click ok.

Vonnie 11:10 09 Jun 03

Sorry I don't know that much about PCs, what are pst files and how do I delete them?

Vonnie

Your best bet is to go with the suggestion from Powerless.

Valvegrid 11:57 09 Jun 03

Ignore my suggestion, use powerless’s

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…