Rogue Dialler problem

Blubottle 12:07 25 Aug 04

I have a desktop icon which keeps popping up on my desktop every time I boot up, I delete it but it keeps comming back it belongs to a site called Get MP3 which I have used. I have tried to erase all references to it even in the registry, all to no avail. It is called "Conectar con el dialer de prueba"
It's properties:-
Target type = application
Target location = system 32
Target = MSA64CHK.dllMostrar Matrix_HTML:GET MP3
In the general box
type of file = shortcut
discription = Run a dll as an app.
how can I get rid of it ??
OS win 2K pro.

Mclearns Bald 12:34 25 Aug 04

It looks as if you have been a victim of mal/scumware. Your registry will probably need to be cleaned out. There are loads of progs that will remove them. I found that spy sweeper is good for this. You can download a free verson of it from their site and it should solve your problem.

SEASHANTY 14:48 25 Aug 04

Try a2 from here. Free programme.
click here

SEASHANTY 12:43 30 Aug 04

Thanks for the email but its better to post on the forum then maybe someone else with a solution can come in on the thread. I presume you have already tried Spybot Search and Destroy - see this link -
click here
it also contains a download link if you haven't.
I note you have windows 2000 and not sure if that also has a system restore like XP and ME. The reason the dialler keeps returning could be due to failure to disable any system restore or automatic
backup whilst removing the dialler programme. I have never had a rogue dialler on any of my systems
and now using BB so it will not affect me.

Perhaps somebody else with experience of removal will come in on this thread.

SEASHANTY 12:47 30 Aug 04

Here is another webpage link to a selection of spyware, spam, redirectors, rogue dialler programmes click here

Stuartli 12:51 30 Aug 04

How to remove it:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…