Roboform Master Password

cowgirl66 09:56 30 Aug 08

I can't believe I've been so stupid.
I have just paid the full whack for Roboform Pro and in my haste to fill in the siging up process I have forgotten my Master Password and was daft enough not to write it down.
Roboform have told me that it is impossible to retrieve it again (rightly so) but I just wondered if I downloaded it again would this make a difference and re-entered my Order code? Or perhaps download the free version and then upgrade using the same order code?
Has anyone else made this mistake and can offer a way out of this mess?

I would be pleased to hear from them if so. I really do want Roboform, not Access Manager or Google toolbar or others.

Regards

cowgirl66

Technotiger 10:03 30 Aug 08

Download/install PC Wizard 2008, then click on the Configuration tab in the left-hand column, then click on the Keys icon - you might be lucky and find your Password.

Technotiger 10:04 30 Aug 08
  howard64 10:35 30 Aug 08

try system information siw.com for the free download - look for secrets etc. shows up many passwords. I do not use the password master in roboforms but have the full version. You could try downloading the free version preferrably to either a different pc or another user and then copy the folder with your name. I have done this but not with master password. This will only work if you have less than 30 passwords as the free version is limited to this number.

night 16:20 30 Aug 08

Hi, I am a friend of cowgirl66 and she has been unable to come back to PCAdvisor as her computer is causing some problems. However she told me that she uninstalled Roboform and its database complete, reinstalled it, and it asked her to make a new Master Password and so the problem has been solved.

Thanks for all your advice, everybody,

Regards, night

Technotiger 16:26 30 Aug 08

Thanks for your feedback. Cheers.

aine 17:39 30 Aug 08

Technotiger. Downloaded PC wizard, a trademark icon came on screen, would not move, it was right in the middle of the page, hiding an action tab. The only way to get this of screen was to delete the program. Any ideas of a way round this? regards aine

Technotiger 14:18 01 Sep 08

Use this link then, note - the Download link is in small print at the top of the left-hand column!!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…