rnsa

rnsa 20:05 06 Jun 10

I'm trying to re-install my HP printer but each time the software tells me to plug in to a USB, my screen blacks-out and will not re-boot unless I unplug. HP support tried to help with various suggestions but all resulted in failure. Eventually they said that I should contact the manufacturer and have the chipset(whatever that is) updated. Trouble is nobody seems to know who the manufacturer is---including PC World where I bought the computer. It's an E-System
Please can some kind soul help ?
David

Technotiger 21:14 06 Jun 10

Chip set ... click here

Chip set would be something like Intel or AMD,if you download/install any of the PCWizard programs (via Google), then you will see a window like this ... notice Chip Set ...

click here

woodchip 21:24 06 Jun 10

It may just need Motherboard Drivers updating

rnsa 19:37 07 Jun 10

Hello both,
Thank you for your interest in my problem. As an 82 year old with little or no IT experience, i'm afraid I am more than a little out of my depth. I suppose I asked the question thinking I might get a response which would be simple. Chipsets and motherboards are over my head. I shall have to get somebody in to fix it.
Thank you both however for taking time to try and help.
rnsa

Jollyjohn 19:54 07 Jun 10

Have a look in the ads in your local paper and or local shops for a computer repair person. Ask their charges and do they offer "no fix no fee"?
I would reckon about one hour to sort this unless there is a problem with the actual hardware.
Good luck

rnsa 20:04 07 Jun 10

Hello Jollyjohn,
Thank for both your suggestion and your good wishes which were particularly valued.
rnsa

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…