Rmoving SOME restore points

Switcher 21:03 25 Jul 07

Is it possible to delete most system restore points whilst keeping just one or two

I am Spartacus 21:09 25 Jul 07

Right click on the drive in Windows Explorer, Select Disk Cleanup. When that's run select the More Options tab then select the System Restore Clean up... option.

That deletes all but the last restore point.

I am Spartacus 21:21 25 Jul 07

I missed an important bit out.

Right click on the drive in Windows Explorer and select Properties then Disk Cleanup.....

Stuartli 21:27 25 Jul 07

It can be done automatically by reducing the System Restore Default of 12 per cent to a lower percentage (the default was established when XP was launched six years ago and hard drives had very much smaller capacities).

Switcher 22:56 25 Jul 07

Thanks both for that, I don't know how I missed that slider to set the percentage, considering how often I have been to that page in the past to switch restore off and on again after getting rid of a virus. Does anyone know where the xcatual restore files are located I would like to try deleting some individually.

Stuartli 23:19 25 Jul 07
  Switcher 23:34 25 Jul 07

Thanks STUARTI, that was a very useful site. I thought that Sys Vol Info folder was the correct one. However from your link discovered that I had to disable Simple file sharing to access the contents of the folder. Now for some experimentation !

Switcher 23:35 25 Jul 07

Thanks STUARTI, that was a very useful site. I thought that Sys Vol Info folder was the correct one. However from your link discovered that I had to disable Simple file sharing to access the contents of the folder. Now for some experimentation !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…