RJ11 conectors

diesel1948 23:06 12 Nov 06

Any one help? I have just migrated from Bulldog to Pipex homecall because pipex said they could give me 6.5MB broadband where I live. Bulldog gave me 2MB, I am aware Pipex now own Bulldog. Since the changeover I have not been getting any 6.5 speeds. I was connected to a phone line extension in upstairs bedroom with a lot of wire in between so I decided to go through ceiling using 2 rj11 cables joined together with a connector, both cables being 2mtrs, 4 metres in all going direct into main phone socket. Would it be better to have one 4/5 metre cable or does it make no difference using a connector (speed wise) grateful for any advice.

skidzy 23:10 12 Nov 06

Why not go wireless Diesel ?

If you are going to use RJ11,i think one cable would be better.

Also,did you check that your line will take 6.5Mb ?

diesel1948 23:29 12 Nov 06

I am wireless skidsy but mine is the main computer so rj11 goes from router next to my computer into main telephone socket. No I did not check if my line would take 6.5, I just presumed Pipex would have checked that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…