RJ11 cable maximum length 30 metres?

Flopper 10:35 06 Mar 14

I am in the process of moving our office around and I tried running a 30 metre telephone/ADSL cable from a BT wall socket to a multi-function copier/scanner/printer but when I attempt to send a text fax to the this device expecting it to print it doesn't. Since then I read on a forum that the maximum useful length of a RJ11 cable is 30 metres. Is this true?

abhay822 11:13 06 Mar 14

RJ 11 is the connector which has no relation with the useable length of the cabe. You need to find out what category cable you are using (Cat3 or Cat5). You should be able to use single segment upto 100 meters for any of those.

Please let me know whether you are able to send faxes from the machine in the current configuration.

Regarding your issue please try the following:

PLUG THE CABLE DIRECTLY INTO THE WALL WITHOUT THE ADSL FILTER AND ANY PARALLEL PHONES CONNECTED AND CHECK IF YOU CAN SEND AND RECEIVE FAXES?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…