Riskware.RiskTool.Win32.PsKill.p

hello, i cannot get rid of the above, i know all about it, believe it's part of my hp pc, something to do with updates, i aslo know it can be used by malware to dissable security. why isit still on my pc?
pc came a recovery partition, which i removed a while back, i have since done an upgrade install of vista, a clean install of vista, a full format of all 3 hdds, a clean install back to xp, and its still there! where is it hiding if i quantine it, it reappears, as far as i know i have no need for it and the only part of my system that hasnt been upgraded is the motherboard, which is asus!
any advise as always gratefully received
adam

handy4x 10:40 30 Mar 07

if it is hp software have you got hp scaner or printer if so when instaling the drivers and software it installs the it must not be malware

hi, thanks for the reply, a squared and trend detect it as high risk, norton, kaspersky avg and avast, either dont pick it up or ignore it, i only have one av by the way, i have just used the above over a period of time, its just really puzzling me.
what i have:
compaq presario sr 1909uk
asus a8n mobo (standard)
amd 64 5200x2
4x 512mg 4200 ram
nvidia 8800 gts
hiper 530 watt psu
1x 80 gb 7200 rpm hdd (standard)
1x 160 gb 7200 hdd
1x external 320 gb 7200 hdd

all above have been formatted with a clean install of o/s only

novatechs own brand tft screen
canon ip120 printer
hp keyboard (standard)
logitech revolution mouse
isp bt on bt home hub
advent speakers

now i cant see anything there that is related to hp, i have nothing hp to drive and none of the bundled software that came with the pc, i quantined and remove the file last night, and its back again this morning!
i have however found hp recguard (disabled) in my registry, this is to stop people deleting the partition.
i removed the recovery partition with their recovery tools cd, that i made shortly after buying the pc, so i wonder if it has something to do with that? is this hp stuff in the bios?

have just scanned with av on full detail and it states file hp25. exe is password protected! light at the end of the tunnel maybe?
i cant, however find this damn file!
any ideas? thanks
adam

bof:) 13:46 30 Mar 07

make sure in control panel/folders icon/view/ show all hidden files is ticked.

If you are sure you want to delete the file, try deleting in safe mode.

also when you find the file, right click it,go to properties and left click. Make sre its not 'read only'. If it is remove the tick from the read only box.

bof:) 13:56 30 Mar 07

First though it may be worth sending a hijackthis log to MRU. They will check to see if all malware has gone.

click here

where to get hijackthis from

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…