Rising antivirus

scubaseven 04:47 22 Mar 09

does anyone know about rising antivirus free edition
it wants to uninstall AVG and Avast
Avast is an all in one similar.
could they conflict?
my ms outlook is playing up so I turned off Avast and it now works.

any info?
cheers

howard64 06:06 22 Mar 09

anything trying to run on your system without you asking it to is probably very dangerous. I use avast free and have used avg in the past both very good. never heard of rising antivirus.

mocha 06:14 22 Mar 09

Hi scubaseven,

Rising antivirus is a fairly new software package by, Beijing Rising International Software Co.,Ltd.

There is not much feedback/reviews on the web for this product at the moment so it's hard to say if it is better/worse than the AVG or Avast.

In your post you say that it wants to uninstall Avast and AVG, you should not be running two antivirus programs at the same time, this can cause all kinds of problems and could be the reason ms outlook is playing up.

Uninstall one of the antivirus programs either AVG or AVAST and see how the computer runs with just one AntiVirus program.

By the way Avast AntiVirus approx. 30mb download, Rising AntiVirus approx. 60mb download.

scubaseven 10:19 22 Mar 09

howard/mocha
thank you
maybe just avast as it seems good enough
cheers

Clapton is God 10:59 22 Mar 09

"it wants to uninstall AVG and Avast"

From which, I gather, you're running with 2 AV programs.

NEVER EVER run more than one AV as they will conflict and actually reduce your protection.

Belatucadrus 14:17 22 Mar 09

As Clapton is God points out having more than one AV package is a bad idea as the conflicts when they do occur can be most unpleasant. Rising has simply detected the presence of incumbent AV and wants to avoid potential problems by removing them prior to installation, an extremely sensible procedure.
Rising has passed the VirusBulletin 100% record which is a pretty good test.
I've been trying it on one PC and it seems to be fine, My only comments on it are that it needs a bit of user fine tuning on the settings, I didn't think the default setup was as good as it could be and the scan is pretty slow.

mfletch 17:04 22 Mar 09

Rising Antivirus is not bad I have just installed the trial version of there Antivirus 2009 and Im impressed with it so far

scubaseven 01:19 23 Mar 09

to the 3 guys/girls above
thank you
might just go with the rising for a while
ps is clapton really that good?
cheers all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…