Ripping tracks from a CD then onto a phone memory

Roy* 09:54 22 Jan 09

I can rip the tracks onto the PC OK (mp3) but then when I try and copy them onto a memory card for a phone you get an error code something about write protection. The thing is I’ve doe this before with no problem but I can’t work out what’s changed?

wrg 16:36 23 Jan 09

Is it the same phone & phone card?

Peter 16:45 23 Jan 09

Is the phone memory card an SD card or something similar? I find that sometimes when I plug an SD card into the card reader port that the Write Protection switch gets pushed into the Write Protect position. On one card I put a VERY small amount of superglue on the Write Protect switch so that it could not move and that solved the problem.

Peter.

Roy* 21:50 23 Jan 09

It's a micro SD wich i put into an adapter and then plug into the SD slot on te printer. The adapter has a lock slider but is in the unlock position, don't think the micro SD has a lock on it's own?

Peter 23:49 23 Jan 09

Perhaps the lock slider on the adapter is accidentally getting pushed into the locked position. Try inserting the adapter into the reader port and then, after using the safely remove option, remove it from the port and inspect it to see if the lock slider has been moved.

Peter.

BigCam 01:23 25 Jan 09

Hi
Can you connect the phone to the PC?
If so just open My Computer
Select the phone>Open and you can just drag the music files into the Music folder on phone
Or open My music folder> right click track and use the Send To option Click on Phone
BigCam

Roy* 07:53 26 Jan 09

I'd thought of that but typical son doesn't know where his phone box is or if he's even got a cable with usb end on it for the pc. The phone has one of those thin but wide connection ports not a usb? Anyway will track it down and try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…