Ripping Sound from DVD-r

shaduf 21:26 14 Jul 09

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheap (or free) method of ripping the soundtracks from home made DVDs. All are music files and taken from German broadcast television so there are presumably no copyright issues.

I have been using a program that I got from Ebay but it has now ceased to function.

Shaduf

eedcam 22:26 14 Jul 09

Aoa audio extractor its free
click here

shaduf 10:40 15 Jul 09

Thanks eedcam.

Unfortunately the free version does not support the DVD format.

Shaduf

eedcam 11:55 15 Jul 09

strange what format is it does it play on your pc and show as a Video_ts folder?

john bunyan 11:57 15 Jul 09

I use (paid for) Roxio Creator 2009. Then I record via my Creative XFi sound card in "record what you hear" mode. I assume this could be done with free software such as Audacity.

eedcam 11:58 15 Jul 09

If so did you choose All files inthe Aoa drop down box thenit will show the vts_vob files and extract

eedcam 12:51 15 Jul 09

Shaduf apologies I gave you a bum steer there with aoaNevertheless if you want to do it for free the Super C is free and that will do it Its a pain to download as you have to go through 3 pages to get to the actual download .On th fist page scroll down to the bottom and ONLY click on the Blue download .That takes you to the second page and this time the Blue download link is near the top inde the first box .Now this takes you to another page at the bottom of this page you will find the blue download link thats it .Now with super c which can convert almost anything you only use drag and drop .o you need to drag each of your relevant VTS_vob files choose the format Wav mp3 whatever and thats it . I personally use dvd audio ripper by Imtoo alas not free but I dont know what limits there are on the trial

shaduf 13:31 15 Jul 09

Where and what is Super C please?

shaduf 20:46 16 Jul 09

Downloaded and ran Super C without much trouble.
Amazed at the number of options available. Not exactly user friendly but thought I had got it right. It worked for about 10 minutes then started stuttering and eventually crashed. Started it again but it was breaking up all the time. Finished up aborting it.
I downloaded Imtoo and that worked OK but I only tried the time limited demo version.
It was very like the original program I had from ebay.
I will have another go with Super C and if I don't get anywhere I'll buy the full version of Imtoo.
Thanks for all your help.

Shaduf

InTheCity 21:28 16 Jul 09

you could try
click here

eedcam 08:58 17 Jul 09

Shaduf this will do it its only free till 0800 tomorow and though not specifically for your wants it will rip to Mp3 and edit
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…