ripping music - recording judders?

deejo 14:28 22 Apr 11
Answered

Hi I have just tried ripping some cd's onto my computer, never done it before, the cd plays fine, but when I listen to it back on my computer the end of some of the tracks is juddery? is there a way to correct itor edit the end of the track to get rid of it?

mole44 04:42 23 Apr 11

Download itunes (Free) and use that, you don`t need ipod to use it.save it to itunes as an mp3,hope this helps

ICF 06:38 23 Apr 11

What program are you using to rip the CD's?

Terry Brown 09:39 23 Apr 11

Check to see what other programs are running, as you may not have enough resources to get a clean 'RIP'

The CD should rip at least 5 times speeed, any slower and you may get problems.

Terry

deejo 14:42 24 Apr 11

Hi thanks for the answers, I am not sure i understand the solutions, what happened was I was playing my cd's on windows media player and at the top it said rip, I looked that up in the help section and thought what a good idea to copy the music onto my computer. So I just pressed rip, the only thing I was doing at the same time was browsing the internet. No other programmes were open. Are you saying I need to download a new programme to get the music to copy correctly? the cd's copied what seemed to me to be very quickly anyway. thanks for your patience

ICF 16:10 24 Apr 11

Why not try Accord CD Ripper FREE

Terry Brown 08:01 25 Apr 11
Answer

When you are ripping a CD, it is best to stopp the player and any other programs that are running, including the internet, but not the Anti-virus software.

While you are ripping, any interuption in the series (caused (e.g.) by another program) can cause a 'ripple' - (change in speed) of the rip, and this is what is causing the program

Terry

deejo 15:55 25 Apr 11

Thanks again for the replies, I didn't realise about stopping the player whilst ripping, I will definately try that, and if it doesn't work I will try downloading the ripping programme, thanks again!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Driverless cars in the UK - The story so far: How Google and the UK Government are testing self-drin…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe Animate replaces Flash Pro

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…