//some 3rd party need geo

Ripping ISO Files onto CDR.

leemgilbert 12:55 14 Apr 03

Guys,

Need your help desperately. I have got three ISO files containing Linux Mandrake Version 9. The problem is that I have wasted 4 CDR disc's tring to copying them to the Disc. The files are being copied, but when when I try and boot them it does not read them!!! dispite my startup CDROM disc supplied with my machine does which means the boot part is working, just the burning of the files aint working properly.

Please Help

leemgilbert 12:57 14 Apr 03

I have also selected ISO file type using Adaptec CRD Software!

duplo 13:22 14 Apr 03

I dont know about Adeptec CDR software, but in Nero there is an option to "burn image". There may be such an option for you.

Select burn image and it will give you a file box, select the ISO file you wish to burn and it should burn that file into a bootable CD.

Right now I think your just burning the ISO file as it is onto a CD, which wont work.

Good luck.

A15 15:08 14 Apr 03

I assume you are using Easy CD creator version 5.

Start the project selector, select make data cd then data cd project. This will load the data cd program.

From the file menu select 'record cd from cd image' point to the cd image you want to record. Then record your cd in the normal way.

woodchip 15:21 14 Apr 03

Copy the files to your Hard drive then double click each file, One at a time with a CDR in your CDRW it will expand ISO onto CD

powerless 18:55 14 Apr 03

I assume the ISO's were downloaded?

It may be also be possible that there is an error in the image.

I think its called check sum and you may have a failed download. Although it is on your computer the image is uselss as it's missing bytes.

But i think you have just simply burnt the image incorrectly.

If it still does not work click the envelope next to my name i can send you the CD's ;-) as i downloaded them and thank god they work.

powerless 18:57 14 Apr 03

If you pop the CD's in your computer Windows will see the Mandrake folders so if you can see folder, files etc you may have burnt the image correctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…