Ripping DVD

johnincrete 15:56 PM 22 Mar 12

I have a DVD I produced using Adobe Elements from clips taken on a camcorder. The original clips have been deleted. Is it possible to rip the DVD to recreate the clips so they can be used in another DVD? I've tried DVD Ripper and now I have the Video TS files in .vob format.

catpwss 16:44 PM 22 Mar 12

Try This........http://www.dvdflick.net/

eedcam 18:38 PM 22 Mar 12

Are you intending to create a different dvd with these clips and not just a copy of the original.

johnincrete 03:58 AM 23 Mar 12

Eedcam: I shall create a new DVD using the clips unchanged but adding others and a some audio.

john bunyan 09:25 AM 23 Mar 12
  eedcam 09:42 AM 23 Mar 12

John you can do this with windows movie maker albeit no menus as such and depending which version you have you might have to still use the likes of flick for the finished file . Though wont elements import the TS files in which case do it all there

johnincrete 06:00 AM 26 Mar 12

Solved the problem: Rip using DVD Rip to get the .vob Video TS Convert the big .vob to .avi using Alive Video Converter Import .avi into Serif Moviemaker as one big clip Split the clip as required

It does not recreate the several .avi clips but it does the job required

Thanks for the help - the clue was not knowing that the .vob file could be processed

eedcam 07:53 AM 26 Mar 12

John for future reference the Vob file is actually only an Mpeg2 format most decent editors willwork with that without converting

eedcam 08:21 AM 26 Mar 12

DVD Ripper and convertorYou might find this freebie (today only) handy

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites