Ripping CDs to DVD

joseph k. 17:54 29 Apr 04

I was wondering if there was any quality difference when an audio CD is transfered onto a DVD rather than a CD mp3. I know that much more can be put onto a DVD, but is this the only advantage and is it still an mp3 file?

Diodorus Siculus 17:57 29 Apr 04

That will be only advantage (ie quantity) - DVD has better sound because of the higher amt of data in the tracks. If you have them as MP3 they will be the same on DVD or CD.

joseph k. 18:53 29 Apr 04

From what you say my CD collection would therefore be better if they were transfered to DVD. But what format would they become if I compress them, I would guess that I would have a choice, but would mp3 still be viable, or would another format be preferable. Obviously I would like to make 'complete works' DVDs, probably with the complete works of several artist's on each disk. But I would also like to use a format which would easily be playable on most DVD players at least. Thanks for your help so far. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…