ripping audio from dvd help

patso 13:20 07 Jun 05

is there any way you can rip audio files from a dvd to burn to an audio disc to play on a car cd player as i have a dvd concert thats not available on cd and would like to be able to listen to it in the there any specific progs for using nero oem with xp home but when i explore the dvd it is just blank and i cant find the audio files to rip on it.any help please.

Completealias 14:00 07 Jun 05

The first step I guess would be to rip the files from the dvd to your hard drive dvd decrypter is free and would do this for you can find it in the download section here click here

This would then create an audio and video folder on your hard drive how you'd then go about it from here I'm not totally sure.

I guess you'd have to convert the audio files to a cd player complatible format wav most likely and then write this to disk I not sure of a program that would do this thou

Sans le Sou 16:06 07 Jun 05

If by any chance you have Creative Mediasource installed you can record from a DVD in "What you hear" setting. Saves files as wav or mp3 etc. You can then edit them in Nero wave editor if its part of your Nero software.

BaboonBoy22 16:18 07 Jun 05

Another (anologue) way of doing this would be, to just link up a phono lead from your headphone output on ur tv and into your microphone on ur comp., then just use sound recorder. I know it's not a great way but it does work.

tango10 16:34 07 Jun 05

You need to demux the audio from the dvd, dvd decrypter can do this for you, using ifo mode.

It will probably be in ac3 format, you can then use besweet to convert it to your desired format ( wav or mp3 )

TomJerry 16:53 07 Jun 05

Imtoo DVD audio ripper click here

Xilisoft DVD Audio Ripper click here

Plato DVD Mp3 Ripper click here

Fred the flour grader 21:35 07 Jun 05

BaboonBoy22 is correct, I have done it loads of times.
Start,Programs,Accessories,Entertainment,Volume control.
Make sure the Line Balance and Microphone are not ticked for mute.Click the options in top left corner and select "recording".
Get your DVD ready to play, then set the sound recorder in Windows on record. Press play on your DVD and bob's your uncle.
When it's finished you can save it to a folder of your choice.
Then you can burn it to a disc or even send it back out to a tape recorder.
It's a bit time consuming but you have everything you need to do it rather than going and buying software you don't really need or can do without.

patso 22:56 07 Jun 05

thanks to all will try whats suggested and post back.thanks for all the replies.patso

patso 21:43 14 Jun 05

thanks for all the replies and great prohs tom just what i was looking for they done the job for me.many thanks . patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…