Ripping Audio CD's that also contain data

Spready 16:52 18 Oct 03

Hi all,
I am trying to rip some CD's on to my XP system using WMP9. All goes fine when it is a normal CD and the CD name and tracks all download fine.

The problem arises when I try to rip a CD which has extra multimedia video files on. These are usually video files.
All tracks rip exept the last one which gets to 98 or 99% and then freezes. Media player then needs to be shut down with a 3 finger salute(Ctrl,Alt,Del).
Can anyone help with how to succesfully rip all tracks and to stop the program freezing.

Is it something to do with the ASPI drivers?
Thanks

BBez 17:27 18 Oct 03
  Spready 09:05 20 Oct 03

The above link takes me to an IT business home page?

Still no joy with this. I have tried ripping the disks with another ripper (FreeRipMP3) and still it freezes on the last track.

Any idea's - anyone!

Stuartli 11:03 20 Oct 03

I had this "problem" with a CD with audio and video using Nero.

After ruining one CD-R I found out that you have to allow Nero a little while longer before/after to burn the change in file types...:-)

I use EAC, (Exact Audio Copy), when ripping and if the CD contains a data track, I simply do not select it from the track listing view.

I just select the audio tracks and rip with no problems.

I haven't used CDEX for quite a while now, but I'm sure you can use the same approach.

Spready 12:47 20 Oct 03

I may have not made it clear but I am not trying to do a copy to a CDr. I am trying to copy the tracks into my media library on my Hard Drive.

I will have a look in Nero6 and see if there is anything that helps!

Thanks for the continued help,

Spready

Stuartli 13:04 20 Oct 03

If you read the Help section in WMP9 regarding ripping you will find a fair bit of advice...

Spready 13:43 20 Oct 03

Been through the help section with a fine tooth comb! Nothing about problems with CD's that contain 'additional video clips' etc

Stuartli 13:48 20 Oct 03

Probably because they were not all that common until quite recently...:-)

Try click here for a massive list of articles on anything to do with CD-Rs, CD-RWS, DVD equivalents; hardware and who makes/rebadges it and a wide range of software.

Stuartli 13:53 20 Oct 03

Sorry, the software website (plus lists of the best, average, worst) brands of CD-R, CD-RW and DVD media is:

click here

Kate B 17:14 20 Oct 03

I use Soundstream, part of Roxio's suite of CD-ripping/burning software. It gives you the option only to extract audio files, ignoring any data files. Nice and easy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…