RIP Opera

steve0 10:15 26 Jan 03

Have used Opera 6.04 for last couple of years and love the program. Couple of days ago it refused to open my mail in yahoo - crashing the program and locking up Win XP home - having to restart computer - Ctrl Alt Del having no effect. All other web sites and pages OK - just mu mail in Yahoo.

I uninstalled the program and put it back again but same problem - it gets to about 20% of the page and then locks up. Even tried earlier version - 6.01 - still crashes

So I'm now back to using IE6 and miss Opera. Does anyone know what has happened. Opera forums report strange behaviour with Opera dying, but nothing quite like this.

Help!

vinnyT 13:33 26 Jan 03

I had a similar prob a month or so back, it appeared to be something to do with an update to avg (I say appeared because the prob dissappeared after the next subsequent update), I even went as far as to use my drive image to reinstall to a time when it was working, it would be fine untill I dloaded the avg update again, so I used mozilla in the meantime.

I'm not saying this is the reason for your prob, but maybe if you've updated something recently, it maybe.

Installer. 14:25 26 Jan 03

try updating to 6.05, or try the 7 beta seems stable enough.

steve0 20:10 26 Jan 03

Thanks for replies. I deleted the old directory then did a reinstall and it works OK now. Don't use AVG, but I did notice that Ad-Aware had found some file I had never heard of "Timesink file:C:\WINDOWS\tsad.dll"
Removed this - I don't know if it was connected with problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…