ringing alarm-bell noise during boot up?

blackmischief 18:22 05 Apr 04

why would my pc make a ringing,alarm bell noise,
upon switching on?Was it the keyboard ? it freaked me out so pulled the plug(i have been leaving it on 'hibernate')
is it safe to use the hibernate option?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:27 05 Apr 04

Some times if the option is enabled in bios it can mean your CPU/PSU fan has failed or is not working correctly.

Regards.

Barnes T 15:28 06 Apr 04

Recently built from scratche a new PC with a MSI K7N2 Delta M/Board with 3GB memory, 2 40GB hard drivers, on board sound, 64MB Geoforce graphics, DVD + CD burner blah,blah. I indeed had the same problem, a two tone sound coming from the system speaker. It was very random and after checking out all possibilities I replaced my CPU cooler fan which whined on startup which cured the problem. Bearings had gone, problem sorted. My advice is go for liquid 'bearings' for your fans, last alot longer and quieter. Hope this helps.
Regards.
Barnes T.
P.S. If your system is working fine (check all possibilities - I mean ALL!) then just disconnect the internal speaker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…