rimm memory

pc mad 14:34 13 Nov 05

hi, have just bought a mobo and it uses rimm rambus rd ram, havent come across this type of memory before, wondering how fast it might be, would it be equivalent to sdram or ddr ram, any advice please , thanks

TOPCAT® 15:15 13 Nov 05

and cost at its peak more than conventional memory types. It could only be used with Intel processors. I believe its speed was up to 800Mhz. TC.

click here

ade.h 15:18 13 Nov 05

You'll have some trouble getting RD RAM now. Crucial.com says that it isn't making it due to lack of demand. It was something that was started when the P4 came out, but everyone uses DDR or DDR2 now.

To answer your question; from what I know about Rambus, it was considered very fast at the time, with a high bus speed, but with DDR2 clocking at up to 1ghz now, most motherboard manufacturers would not consider it to be worth the expense.

ade.h 15:18 13 Nov 05

Topcat beat me. He's one quick cat!

TOPCAT® 15:21 13 Nov 05

:o)))

Mr Mistoffelees 15:24 13 Nov 05

Get Officer Dibble to slow him down!

citadel 16:21 13 Nov 05

when you install it needs to be in matched pairs. In my old computer I have 2 x 128 in slots 1 and 2 and 2 x 64 in slots 3 and 4. If you are only installing 2 sticks you need blank pieces in the vacant slots as all slots need to be filled.

ade.h 17:03 13 Nov 05

LOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…