A right Turn On !!!

rupie 19:28 03 Nov 04

Just built my own PC, quite a personal achievement I think. All is well but it does turn its self on. It does not try to dial out. It is connected to 2 other computers but it does it even if they are completly switched off. It just starts and waits for someone to log on ??

hugh-265156 19:34 03 Nov 04

does it happen when your phone rings?

check your bios set up and set 'wake on ring' 'wake on lan' etc to disable maybe.

Dorsai 19:39 03 Nov 04

I am assuming you mean that if you turn the pc off, and walk off, when you came back, it has turned back on?

If you have a mobile phone, a simple test, turn it off, and phone your house land line (the one the pc uses to access the net), and see if the PC turns on. If so, it has been set up in the BIOS to turn on if there is an incoming signal on the net. this setting is probably in the BIOS. normally under 'power options' and probably called 'wake on lan'.

just set to 'off'/'never' or the option that looks most like 'dont do this'.

IMO.

rupie 23:11 03 Nov 04

just accessed the bios and there was something like that will try it and kepp you posted thanks

hugh-265156 23:16 03 Nov 04

also if you use standby check your mouse is not set to wake the computer. i have a wooden floor and if i clump into the room as i normally do the computer switches on if i leave it in standby. its a good party trick :-)

check your mouse power management settings in device manager and uncheck if ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5