Right Mouse Click in MY Computer runs Installer

rabbitwabbit 17:00 15 Jan 05

I have a weird problem when I Right Mouse Click any of the drives in My Computer (Including removable drives). Immediately MSIEXEC.EXE runs and attempts to install Roxio 6 (already installed and working OK on my PC). When I cancel this twice, the original click is actioned and allows me to view the entries on the right mouse click window. If I then select one of the options (e.g. Properties), the installer runs again - after cancelling again the properties box is displayed. In task manager both KNLWRAP.EXE and IKERNEL.EXE are left running. No viruses are detected and no spyware has been detected by Spybot.

Dan the Confused 18:16 15 Jan 05

Have you tried a repair install of Roxio? Try it from Add/Remove Programs.

topdude 19:25 15 Jan 05

If you right click other items like files or desktop icons do you get the menu options you would expect ?

If not, check control panel/mouse and look at button assignments.

rabbitwabbit 18:05 16 Jan 05

Good thought Topdude, but files etc were OK. I've tried an uninstall and clean re-install on Roxio and this has resolved the problem. Thanks Guys!!

Sealer 20:07 16 Jan 05

Thanks you have solved a problem for me too :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…