Right click word on firefox to search is lost.

bristolgirl 15:44 08 Jun 06

Hi I asked on MozillaZine forum for help on this.

On a page, on the firefox broswser, if I was interested in something, I used to be able to highlight it, right click it and one of the options was "search web for......". This would then open a new browser, in tabs, showing relevant links on the google home page.

I seem to have lost this facility and would dearly love it back.

A great guy on MozillaZine has been really helpful and said that it's built in functionality and I must have disabled it somehow. Probably by adding extensions, using a userChrome.css? (I haven't a clue what this is).

He advised me to make a new profile and copy over my existing one. This terrifies me and I know that I will get into a realy pickle if I start doing anything like this.

Does anyone else have any ideas how I can get this facility back? It is still there in the drop down menu when I right click but it just won't perfrom the fuction.

Thanks - from the terrified!!

VoG II 15:50 08 Jun 06

How to create a new profile click here

bristolgirl 15:53 08 Jun 06

VoG, you are always really hepful to me but is there any other way of retrieving this without having to create a new profile?

VoG II 15:57 08 Jun 06

You could go to Tools > Extensions, click on each in turn and click Uninstall. Then close and restart Firefox.

However, if it was that simple I would have thought the guy at MozillaZine would have suggested it.

bristolgirl 16:07 08 Jun 06

Thanks VoG but I have given that a go but no luck. Do you think that I'm going to have to do this profile thing?

VoG II 16:09 08 Jun 06

It looks like it - I don't think it is terribly difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…