right click and save has stopped working

ripvan 10:37 02 Oct 07

I am running XP.For some reason when I right click and try to save anything it has stopped working.Haven't changed anything.No other problems.Any ideas welcomed.

Taff™ 10:46 02 Oct 07

Run system file checker. Start>Run and type sfc /scannow - note the space between c & /. You may need your XP disc if one was supplied with the computer.

ripvan 14:50 02 Oct 07

thanks Taff but did not work.Have tried restore and reloading xp from cd but it does nothing.

ripvan 12:38 04 Oct 07

can anyone help?

Jak_1 15:05 04 Oct 07

It all depends upon whether the website you are visting allows right click and save.

bigray 15:31 04 Oct 07

try this site click here
item 242
hope it helps

Simsy 15:49 04 Oct 07

you've tried sytem restoreright perhaps it's the mouse at fault?

Does a right click do ANYTHING, in any circumstances?

Regards,

Simsy

ripvan 12:28 05 Oct 07

i've perhaps worded this wrongly.I can right click and say I want to save an image.The dialogue box asking where I want to save to comes up.I can choose where but no images are saved to anywhere and no errors come up telling me that something has not saved.Could I have altered something somewhere that blocks all image downloads.I use firefox browser.

Jak_1 13:06 05 Oct 07

Does it work with IE?

ripvan 17:44 05 Oct 07

Thanks Jak_1.Yes it does work in IE,just never thought to try it.The right click options box is different to.I can now play around with firefox to see if I can find anything or give up on it altogether.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced