Right click options...

barryoneoff.co.uk 13:11 26 Jul 03

I don't know if this is possible, but I'll ask anyway. I know that any solution can be overcome by advanced users who are determined, but I would like to try to prevent visitors linking directly to images on my site and using my bandwidth, which is limited.

I don't want to disable the right click, as I dont mind them saving pics to their hard drive or copy and pasting. But is there any way to knock off the 'Options' from the right click menu so that the path to the image cant be linked to?

I dont hold out much hope, but maybe someone out there has an idea or two. Cheers, Whiz...

Sir Radfordin 13:24 26 Jul 03

The answer I think you will find is no, and even if you could stop the right click bit from working, you would only have to view the HTML source code to work out where the pictures were sitting.

barryoneoff.co.uk 13:32 26 Jul 03

but I thought I may be able to deter the run of the mill visitor. The trouble is that I dont want to disable the right click option completely, because the site is there for people to use the graphics. Unfortunately there will always be the ones who ignore the requests not to link directly.

The only other option I can think of is to rename the graphics on a regular basis, but thats hard work. Thanks Sir Radfordin.

slowhand_1000 15:18 26 Jul 03

This works ok

click here

slowhand_1000 15:22 26 Jul 03

I should have read the post after my coffee then it would have registered what you wanted.

Damo. 15:39 26 Jul 03

There is a way...as this site shows.....try right clicking on the photo.....I suspect Javascript but i'm not really sure... click here

slowhand_1000 16:16 26 Jul 03

one of these might point you in the right direction.

click here - 2nd item down

click here

click here

click here

barryoneoff.co.uk 16:46 26 Jul 03

Damo, no good, just disables right click. I need people to be able to save & copy, but not link. Cheers anyway.

Slowhand, just gonna have a look your links. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…