Right click not responding

FreMar 12:03 27 Jun 09

When I right click on an icon on my desktop, the timer comes up but then hangs, and then usually stops, so that I eventually have to turn off at the power socket in order to clear it and start up again, it also often happens when I right click on something within a program such as a photo etc. My OS is XP, 160gb hard drive (131gb free), 2550 ram (increased from 500), pentium 4, service pack 2.

VoG II 12:14 27 Jun 09

Possibly click here

FreMar 16:40 27 Jun 09

Thanks VoG, I have managed to correct the problem by going into the registry and enabling a key value.

FreMar 15:32 28 Jun 09

I did manage to get right click working, without it seems, knowing what I had done to do so. I cannot repeat the action now. I have gone into the registry editor in current user,and also local machine, and created a new key that was not there = NoViewContextMenu REG_DWORD, and set the data value at 1 (enable), but this still doesn't solve the problem, which I beleive it should do. Two other keys there are = REG_SZ (default), no value set, and NoDriveAutoRun REG_DWORD, value set at 91 (145). What am I doing wrong?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac