Right Click - New - Surplus Programs

Jaz1 21:40 24 Jun 07

Hi

How do I get rid of the surplus new programs eg. Winrar Archive, Adobe Photoshop Image, Microsoft Document etc...?

Thanks

Jaz1 21:41 24 Jun 07

oops forget to mention I am using Vista 32bit

thanks

woodchip 21:57 24 Jun 07

Before you stat removing programs you need to learn what they do. If you have just got this PC and Programs are pre-loaed once gone that's it

skidzy 22:03 24 Jun 07

As Woodchip says but if you are worried about them starting up using the system resources at bootup,remove them from the startup.

Click start / and type MSCONFIG and select startup / now untick the unwanted startup programs and ok.

Just be careful if a laptop.

brundle 22:14 24 Jun 07

Most of the programs will have the option to disable
context menu integration (the right click menu) - you just need to open the programs in question and hunt around in the options screens.

Jaz1 22:42 24 Jun 07

Thanks for the info, however I really mean, that when you right click the desktop and the menu says new... I think I have too many options like new office doc etc...

Stuartli 22:44 24 Jun 07

If they are listed in the Start menu, these are merely shortcuts and can be deleted using the right click without losing the programs.

brundle 22:47 24 Jun 07

Oh I see, templates - go to start menu/run, type

templates

press return.
This will open an explorer window where Windows keeps the `new document` templates - delete the ones you don't need, or copy them to a safe place in another folder.

Or use TweakUI and untick them click here

brundle 22:49 24 Jun 07

Sorry, only just noticed you're using Vista - those methods work for XP....

woodchip 22:53 24 Jun 07

They sound like Temporary files or Docs that have been opened

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…