Right Click of mouse will not open Application

williamj 19:36 PM 04 Aug 11

In Windows 7 Desktop when I right click an icon the timer keeps runing and the application fails to open. I can open the application if I double clik the left mouse button. Any suggestions please

tullie 19:43 PM 04 Aug 11

When you right click,you should get a list of options,it doesent open your programme.

williamj 19:53 PM 04 Aug 11

tullie, Thanks. No list of options is received in a drop down menu. The timer just keeps running constantly.

northumbria61 20:43 PM 04 Aug 11

Have a look to see if anything here link text

northumbria61 20:45 PM 04 Aug 11

It may sound a silly question but have you tried another mouse to see if the problem is the same?

williamj 09:06 AM 05 Aug 11

northumbria61, Unfortunately the problem is on a laptop so I cannot try another mouse. I have yet to try the link suggestions.

birdface 09:22 AM 05 Aug 11

Look in Control panel.Mouse,Buttons.And make sure switch primary and secondary buttons is not ticked.

birdface 09:25 AM 05 Aug 11

Or maybe try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and see if that helps.

It usually helps when pages open slowly.Worth a try.

northumbria61 11:50 AM 05 Aug 11

"Unfortunately the problem is on a laptop so I cannot try another mouse "

I don't understand that one - is your problem with the mouse "tracker pad" ? You must have USB ports to attach another mouse.

williamj 11:27 AM 08 Aug 11

Downloaded 'Shellexview' and used the disable function. Problem solved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…