Right Click of mouse will not open Application

williamj 19:36 PM 04 Aug 11

In Windows 7 Desktop when I right click an icon the timer keeps runing and the application fails to open. I can open the application if I double clik the left mouse button. Any suggestions please

tullie 19:43 PM 04 Aug 11

When you right click,you should get a list of options,it doesent open your programme.

williamj 19:53 PM 04 Aug 11

tullie, Thanks. No list of options is received in a drop down menu. The timer just keeps running constantly.

northumbria61 20:43 PM 04 Aug 11

Have a look to see if anything here link text

northumbria61 20:45 PM 04 Aug 11

It may sound a silly question but have you tried another mouse to see if the problem is the same?

williamj 09:06 AM 05 Aug 11

northumbria61, Unfortunately the problem is on a laptop so I cannot try another mouse. I have yet to try the link suggestions.

birdface 09:22 AM 05 Aug 11

Look in Control panel.Mouse,Buttons.And make sure switch primary and secondary buttons is not ticked.

birdface 09:25 AM 05 Aug 11

Or maybe try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and see if that helps.

It usually helps when pages open slowly.Worth a try.

northumbria61 11:50 AM 05 Aug 11

"Unfortunately the problem is on a laptop so I cannot try another mouse "

I don't understand that one - is your problem with the mouse "tracker pad" ? You must have USB ports to attach another mouse.

williamj 11:27 AM 08 Aug 11

Downloaded 'Shellexview' and used the disable function. Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…