Right Click of mouse will not open Application

williamj 04 Aug 11

In Windows 7 Desktop when I right click an icon the timer keeps runing and the application fails to open. I can open the application if I double clik the left mouse button. Any suggestions please

tullie 04 Aug 11

When you right click,you should get a list of options,it doesent open your programme.

williamj 04 Aug 11

tullie, Thanks. No list of options is received in a drop down menu. The timer just keeps running constantly.

northumbria61 04 Aug 11

Have a look to see if anything here link text

northumbria61 04 Aug 11

It may sound a silly question but have you tried another mouse to see if the problem is the same?

williamj 05 Aug 11

northumbria61, Unfortunately the problem is on a laptop so I cannot try another mouse. I have yet to try the link suggestions.

buteman 05 Aug 11

Look in Control panel.Mouse,Buttons.And make sure switch primary and secondary buttons is not ticked.

buteman 05 Aug 11

Or maybe try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and see if that helps.

It usually helps when pages open slowly.Worth a try.

northumbria61 05 Aug 11

"Unfortunately the problem is on a laptop so I cannot try another mouse "

I don't understand that one - is your problem with the mouse "tracker pad" ? You must have USB ports to attach another mouse.

williamj 08 Aug 11

Downloaded 'Shellexview' and used the disable function. Problem solved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message