Right click mouse problem

GJC60 17:00 13 Mar 11

A friend of mine is having trouble with his mouse. It will not highlight text or links also right clicking on pictures offers nothing. He has tried system restore, virus, adware scans nothing has been found. Has also tried 3 different mice all have the same problem. Has any one had this trouble? Its beggining to bug him now. Thank you for any help/suggestions you can give.

onthelimit 18:24 13 Mar 11

Is it connected via PS2 or USB? If the former, it could be something as simple as a duff socket or a wiring fault. If USB, I've no idea!

GJC60 18:47 13 Mar 11

He has tried wireless, USB & PS2 all give same problem.

northumbria61 22:41 14 Mar 11

Boot into Windows Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, move your mouse; if the mouse does work within Safe Mode: Click Start / Settings / Control Panel / System / click the Device Manager Tab. In Device Manager click the '+' by the mouse if not already a '-'. This should expand the mouse and display all mouse devices currently installed. Remove all mice listed. Once all are removed, reboot the computer and let the computer boot normally into Windows. If your mouse does not continue to work once back in Windows, it's likely you're encountering a driver related issue. Reinstall your mouse drivers, because you do not have use of the mouse you may want try doing this through Safe Mode.

GJC60 07:16 15 Mar 11

Thank you i will tell him to try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac