Right click menus>unwanted itemscan i delete themm

Mad Boy 13:36 01 Feb 03

there are items in my right click menu that i dont want. Like when i right click on my desktop, go to new there several items that i dont want there. Because they are there it takes forever to open the list. and 9 times out of 10 i only want to create a new folder or *.txt document from the list. Is there any way of removing unwanted items from this list without having to uninstall the actual program?

Many thanks

spikeychris 13:43 01 Feb 03

Theres a reg-edit that you can follow

click here

There is an easier way but I cant remember what it is, TweakUI I think also does it.

Chris

« Ravin » 13:45 01 Feb 03

hmmm not too sure but i think microsofts tweak ui has an option to delete unwanted menu items. can anyone else confirm this?

« Ravin » 13:46 01 Feb 03

oops should have refreshed before posting sorry spikeychris :o)

Mad Boy 14:07 01 Feb 03

ok ill try thanks, im also having problems with bmp's. there a post going round somewhere please take a look. if i get a min ill paste the link

Mad Boy 14:22 01 Feb 03

it didnt help, thanks anyway.

One more thing, if i create anew folder in windows it takes a long time before i can open the nwe folder (around 10 to 15 seconds).

Before it was created within a sec!

spikeychris 14:31 01 Feb 03

What operating system are you running?

Mad Boy 14:36 01 Feb 03

Windows 98 SE

spikeychris 14:50 01 Feb 03

Copy and paste this ContextMenuHandlers into find (under edit) in regedit. Whats under it?

Chris

Mad Boy 14:57 01 Feb 03

Default for the string (no prog in it) then a sub folder underneath that saying PropertySheetHandlers. inside the PropertySheetHandlers is 3 more sub folders:

{3EA48300-8CF6-101B-84FB-666CCB9BCD32}
BriefcasePage
CryptoSignMenu

spikeychris 15:09 01 Feb 03

Is there a + symbol at the side of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers? as this is where the options should be.

Chris

PS just been on the news...the space shuttle has burnt up on re-entry with quite a few astronauts on board... :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…