Right click menu slow...

herc182 17:10 20 Feb 05

I have noticed that my right click menu has become progressively slower. it takes 5 or so seconds to come up, and when deleting files, it takes the same amount of time for the confirmation box to come up (i.e. "Are you sure you want to delete these files?"). is there a fix? am looking on google for a solution but your suggestions greatly appreciated.

operating system - windows xp home with sp2
Specs - AMD xp 2000+ with 1.5gb RAM
backround programmes - spyware guard, world community grid, zonealarm, nod32 AV, microsoft anti spyware program and msn search bar.

thanks

herc182 17:17 20 Feb 05

i have read recommendations that deleting the registry key for the "open with" command speeds up the menu appearance but i dont really want to get rid of that, and i am not sure that it would speed up the appearance of the delete box

herc182 17:45 20 Feb 05

bump :)

herc182 18:39 20 Feb 05

anyone?

thanks

herc182 18:45 20 Feb 05

furthermore, if i right click but dont click on any of the options on the menu, then the menu stays up until i do click on something (even if i am clicking elsewhere on the screen).

herc182 19:42 20 Feb 05

bumo :-)

Dan the Confused 20:34 20 Feb 05

click here any help?

herc182 20:58 20 Feb 05

thanks dan. that has done the trick. it turns out that the steganos securoty centre i installed was causing the problem (since it added itself to the right click menu). disabled that bad boy and its lightning fast now.

PCA forum proved itself again. thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…