Right click IE for net options has gone.

Dan 21:04 11 Jan 04

It used to be possible for me to right click on my desktop shortcut of IE to get to a menu of options for the internet like you can get from the Tools menu within IE. Just the delete history, delete files etc stuff.

A while back I allowed the desk tidy wizard to clear stuff off another persona only to discover that it had removed the IE icon across the board.

Although I have since replaced the icon with a new shortcut, this one does not offer the same option with a right click. All I get now are the three options General, Shortcut and Compatibility.

It's a small matter of convenience but can anyone tell me how to reclaim the right icon (it's not in the unused icons directory - I looked).

Or for that matter how to reverse the Wizards actions next time it does something like this.

Many thanks

VoG II 21:19 11 Jan 04

If you are running Windows XP:

Right click desktop, Properties. On the Desktop tab click the Customize Desktop button.

On the General tab tick Internet Explorer.

OK your way out.

Dan 21:29 11 Jan 04

Unfortunately it's already ticked and this seems to have no effect on the current situ, unless you mean it for next time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…