Right Click doesn't work on Start->Programs

Zvuqniki 20:50 06 Apr 04

i have a problem ! i didn't have this problem, but i don't know why i do now !
I have a Windows XP operating system, and i just installed Serivce pack 1 (because i thought that this would solve the problem).
The problem is: when i go to "Start -> All Programs" and when i right click on any of the programs, the menu doesn't come up. i don't know when this occured, one day i wanted to have a shortcut on my desktop, and... i couldn't do it !
Actually, the right click doesn't work on my whole start menu! not just the programs section. For example if i want to go to "Start - (right click) My Computer -> Show on desktop" i can't do it! the menu doesn't come up :S

matt1234 20:54 06 Apr 04

it might be the mouse is set to left handed or contact microsoft

Zvuqniki 20:56 06 Apr 04

it's not the mouse !
anybody got any ideas ?

cdb 21:00 06 Apr 04

I had this happen to me a while back.

click on start then right click on a blank area of the window, you should get a properties box come up, click on that, then click on customize for the start menu, then select the advanced tag. Find and tick the "enable drag and drop" box and that should sort your problem.

Zvuqniki 21:04 06 Apr 04

Thanks a lot man!
i've been trying to fix this for 2 days!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…