Is this Right

maz2 22:59 22 Apr 04

I'm a bit ignorant in the PC department and wonder if you can check this out for me. Just got a new PC on the receipt it says ATX case Duron 2000 and fan, and on the system on the PC it says AMD Duron Processor 1.30GHz. There's no need to explain anything technical to me just give me a rough idea if the specs are right or not, many thanks

johnnyrocker 23:14 22 Apr 04

it really depends on what you ordered and if off the shelf the spec advertised compared to what you have got.

Mango Grummit 23:16 22 Apr 04

Yup, It is right. Duron 2000 = 1.3GHz.

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:18 22 Apr 04

Basically the 2000 bit will refer to the intel equivalent. AMD use less clock speed more efficiently so 1.3ghz AMD chip is equivalent to 2ghz intel. Not sure about the exact equivalents (2ghz intel could be equivalent to 1.6ghz AMD for all I know) but, yes, the numbering of an AMD chip is not necessarily what it is in ghz.

Happy to be corrected on that.

VoG II 23:19 22 Apr 04

My understanding is that Athlon "type" their CPUs compared to what an Intel would do. So your 1.3 GHz chip is supposed to work as well as a 2 GHz Intel.

Personally, I'm in the dark ages and have key to wind it up. Lucky you!

maz2 23:20 22 Apr 04

It wasn't off the shelf, bought at a local supplier who builds them it was advertised as a 2000 processor and I just wondered if 1.30GHz was equal to that

maz2 23:27 22 Apr 04

Thanks for all your help it's greatly appreciated, I got a bit confused when I looked at it and it didn't match up, they are supposed to be a very good company but you never know, I always like to check, looks like they've lived up to their reputation Thanks again

Mango Grummit 23:28 22 Apr 04

As I said -- it is right but just to put your mind at rest had a quick look round and found this click here Duron 2000 = 1.3GHz.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…