Riddle of the Twitchy Joystick....

Amry 16:10 15 Jul 03

I have a problem with the joystick of my gamepad, and it's driving me nuts!

I have a Blaze USB gamepad, which kinda looks like the PS2 dualshock pads (i.e, two analog sticks, the four buttons at the sides, etc.). It works great with WinXP, I don't have to install the drivers or anything (and I can't, anyway -- more on that later). Except....

Well, the left analog stick is... I don't know, too sensitive. Even if I leave it alone and didn't touch it, it'll still register slight up-down and/or left-right movement, which is annoying when you're in a middle of a game and your character unexpectedly makes a wrong choice which spells his own doom. Alas, efforts to locate the manufacturer's website failed because.... I can't find it. The accompanying CD has no readme or anything, and I'm at a loss here.

Is there by any chance a third-party utility that I can use to reduce my gamepad's sensitivity? And no, I can't use the drivers that came with the gamepad because when I tried to install it, a "cannot install -- these drivers are for Win98/Me only" message pops up.

hugh-265156 16:14 15 Jul 03

check in the game you are playing and see if there is a set up screen where you can adjust deadzones and sensitivty of the analogue controller.

Amry 16:29 15 Jul 03

nope, no such thing. And I can't find any option in WinXP's Gamepad setting (in the Control Panel) to reduce sensitivity, either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac