Rid of Cookies

MIKE0007 09:44 02 Jun 07

Does anyone know how to get rid of the cookies on my windows XP computer, as at present the computer is running very slowly it takes a time to get up all the programmes on the internet, thanks for anyones help

MichelleC 10:00 02 Jun 07

Download this freebie CCleaner click here and it'll clean out all unnecessary files. You'll have to re-enter passwords and user names all sites.

wee eddie 10:34 02 Jun 07

Internet Explorer > Left Click - Internet Properties > Browsing History > Delete > The next screen gives you the Options you may chose whichever you wish.

Just remember - You will have to remember all your Passwords, as deleting the Cookies means that you will need to re-log-into every site you have visited in the past.

You can download many programs such as CCleaner, but try this first choosing the "Delete All" function.

Then clear you Recycle Bin and do a Defrag. If you really get into it you can run the "Full" Error Checking" option in the "Tools Section" of your "Local Disk", Properties section but you will need to reboot and it does take a long time to run. If you haven't done it before and you have a large Hard Drive, allow 3 hours or so.

birdface 15:07 02 Jun 07

As with wee eddie but I would not clear all,I just clear Cookies ,Files and History.To be fair I have never deleted passwords ,So dont know what sort of damage that it would cause,

birdface 15:16 02 Jun 07

If running C Cleaner,Go into options. cookies,Keep all your good cookies.All others will get deleted,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…