Ricoh DVD-RW

conrail 15:39 28 Apr 05

have been bought a Ricoh DVD-RW drive, unfortunately it came in a packet and not a box so unsure as to wether it is +, - or both, have looked in device manager which just says DVD+RW and my computer properties which says DVD/CD-RW, drive works fine but before I purchase discs I want to make sure I get the right ones, I have looked on the Rioch site but couldn't find what I wanted and the supplier is yet to get back to my email query so all help gratefully accepted.

conrail 15:40 28 Apr 05

sorry, drive model is a Ricoh MP5240A

conrail 15:40 28 Apr 05

sorry, drive model is a Ricoh MP5240A

Chegs ® 15:57 28 Apr 05

If you have Nero burning software,it has a section informing you of the drives capabilities.Its called "Nero Info Tool"

conrail 15:58 28 Apr 05

I have found the following:
Type DVD+R (plus)
Supported Media DVD+R , DVD+RW & All CD-R
therefor am I right to asume it is just DVD plus and not DVD minus, also for someone who knows nothing about DVD wrires, what is the difference between + & -

BRYNIT 16:03 28 Apr 05
  conrail 16:05 28 Apr 05

thank you Chegs ®, looking at that I see that the following boxes are ticked:
support read features - DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD+R; DVD+RW
support write features DVD+R; DVD+RW
I therefore assume that it will read all discs, + & -, but only write with + discs, sorry if I appear thick but want to make sure I know what I am doing

conrail 16:07 28 Apr 05

thanks BRYNIT that is a great help

TomJerry 16:10 28 Apr 05

if you paid more than £20, you have been ripped off

SEASHANTY 16:13 28 Apr 05

Doesn't support DVD-RAM discs either
click here

conrail 16:14 28 Apr 05

thanks TomJerry, present from my daughter so don't know what she paid, wont tell her what you said in case I upset her, it is the though that counts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…