RIAD 0 Problems in Windows XP

hellfire18 00:27 17 Dec 05

Hi,

I have setup software RAID tonight using the built in feature of Windows XP.

I have a 40GB and 20GB HDD with the following setup:

40GB HDD responsible for booting Windows XP, has a 10GB HDD and is just a "basic" disk.

2GB Swapfile (1GB on each drive Z:\)

36GB (19GB on both drives) setup as "Striped", all ok until I reboot when I click disk management and it says "Online (errors)", I can click "Re-Activate" button and all works well. I have checked the Microsoft help pages and online but cannot seem to find the problem.

Why does it always come up with this error message yet it is ok when I reactivate it for that session and is there a get around?

retep888 02:39 17 Dec 05

<<I have setup software RAID tonight using the built in feature of Windows XP.>>

How did you do that? I'm interested to know, it looks like a very complicated procedure and you've to re-write some of the window files.( Correct me if I'm wrong)

I hope you know that when you setup Raid 0 with 2 different size HDD, the total capacity is the double of the smaller HDD. (In your case 20+20=40GB) The rest of your bigger HDD won't be used at all.

hellfire18 10:23 17 Dec 05

Why do I have I/O errors though and yet it still works fine, scan disk doesnt pick up any issues.

Read this article, it explains all:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…