Rgistry Cleaner software

Merlin_Magii 19:53 21 Aug 06

I am interested in using a registry cleaner to tidy up the detrius inevitably attracted after a year's PC use, fix broken links etc. I am somewhat surprised to see that (apparantly) my favoured PC Mag has not tested one. Please can someone post a link to such a test, if there is one - be it in PC Advisor or anywhere else on the Internet? Thank you
Merlin_Magii

mattyc_92 19:58 21 Aug 06

"CCleaner" has a "registry clean" feature click here and best of all, it's free

skidzy 20:01 21 Aug 06

Another freebie and very good click here

Hope this helps

Terry Brown 20:11 21 Aug 06

With all 'Cleaner' programs, do not take it at face value, that all that it finds is rubbish, you may need some of those links (although they appear empty)to run your programs.
Terry

mbp 21:17 21 Aug 06

IMHO I believed like most of you that it was safe. Just make sure that you make your system restore for each action. All I can say is that for some reason I have used CCleaner and Easy Cleaner by Toni Arts as recommended. I found that my OS got badly corrupted, and I could not use many functions. I had to re-format my HDD. So I am now a sceptic of these programs. I do not believe that it cleans things up sufficiently that you would notice a change in function. And to run the risk of OS corruption, I do not believe that the risk is worth the advantage. Now I do as little tinkering as possible. If it works, leave it alone.

hgrock 21:35 21 Aug 06

Merlin_Magii, try Advance uninstall pro 2006, it is just bril. you can try it for 15 days before buying

VoG II 21:42 21 Aug 06

click here is the best.

Input Overload 22:00 21 Aug 06

I have used RegSupreme from click here for many years without a problem, highly recommended.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:17 21 Aug 06

Clean with this, provides a backup in case you need it click here

Then defrag registry with this click here

mbp 09:27 22 Aug 06

I would like to add a few more comments to my remarks about "Easy Cleaner" and "CCleaner" above. These are not to be confused with my opinion of "Registry First Aid, RFA" and "Registry Mechanic". It is like comparing the old Skoda with a Rolls.

I have used "RFA" for many years without a single mishap. I liked it very much but after reformatting I have not used it. Not sure where it is. It is "Retail" after the trial period (trialware). So is "Registry Mechanic" Now these are professional Retail Registry Cleaners, and are top class, in my opinion, if you are into that sort of thing.

Now to my utter surprise, very late last night, I came across a "Free Offer for Registry Mechanic" on this site. I downloaded it immediately, and I recommend it to you as well.(Offer till end of this month only.)So, I was very late last night to bed. These pro-registry programs must not be confused with the freebees that have been mentioned. They are a class aside. I recommend it. But please, after downloading, try to get all their instruction manual and read it well first, so you know what you are doing. The link for this "Free Registry Mechanic" is here:

click here

Good Luck! A must have program for the more experienced.

VoG II 09:30 22 Aug 06

That's the same link I posted 12 hours ago!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…