RGB or Component progressive-scan better?

Danoh 22:39 14 Jun 03

Not a PC question, I know. But in the hope that one of the numerous knowledgeable types here might know, and that I may have posted in the wrong forum;
click here

Technically RGB signal should be better being less processed than component output for TVs.

However, numerous magazine reviews place component connections ahead of RGB scart, although both can carry progressive-scan (non-interlaced) images.

Does anyone know why reviewers have taken this position please? Many thanks in anticipation.

hugh-265156 22:43 14 Jun 03
  hugh-265156 22:44 14 Jun 03
  woodchip 22:44 14 Jun 03

What are you trying to do

Danoh 22:52 14 Jun 03

huggyg71; thanks for the prompt response ~ still reading the article.

woodchip; quick response while I continue reading.
I'm trying to decide which is the best DVD player to get for my TV with component sockets and RGB Scart socket, which can take both PAL and NTSC progressive-scan signals. Of course, I have more PAL rather than NTSC DVD movies.

Knowing which is the better connection route will help me shortlist the appropriate DVD player.

Thanks guys!!

hugh-265156 22:56 14 Jun 03

if you have component connectors use them.

i doubt that you will see much improvement over a good quaility scart.

ixos connectors i would recommend for either.top quality

Danoh 23:02 14 Jun 03

. that is simply marvellous!! I did not realise that DVDs store in component format but I also feel that your pragmatic view (no pun intended!) that it'll be hard to see any difference over a good quality RDB Scart, is so true as well!

This must be the fastest resolved question, ever!

Thanks again!

woodchip 23:06 14 Jun 03

Mine works with both on scart, It's LG.

NTSC is for the US

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac