RGB headset conversion to USB.

MIKE. 04 Jul 07

My son who is living abroud is coming back to the UK next month. While abroud he bought himself a headset which has a RGB lead not a USB. My question is do modern laptops have a RGB input or is there a conversion kit to change an RGB connection to USB. Would his best long term bet be to buy a new headset with a USB lead. Thanks for any advice.

Totally-braindead 04 Jul 07

I thought RGB was the output to a monitor for the colours etc.

Totally-braindead 04 Jul 07

Or a TV but a display anyway, its nothing to do with USB.

Stuartli 04 Jul 07

I think you may be referring to RCA phono plugs.

You can get RCA to 3.5mm jack plug adapters, but I very much doubt you'll find one to USB. See:

click here

click here

MIKE. 04 Jul 07

Thanks Totally-braindead and Stuartli. Yes I should have realised what Totally-braindead said about output to a monitor getting older and more daft. The bigest problem I have is not seeing the lead my son is talking about so cannot see what connections he has. Also thanks Stuartli for that address when my son gets home I will see what connectors are needed. Thanks again for all your help.

Stuartli 04 Jul 07

A headset will normally have a 3.5mm stereo jack plug for sound, plus one for a mike socket; the alternative, of course, is the USB version.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message