RGB headset conversion to USB.

MIKE. 17:10 PM 04 Jul 07

My son who is living abroud is coming back to the UK next month. While abroud he bought himself a headset which has a RGB lead not a USB. My question is do modern laptops have a RGB input or is there a conversion kit to change an RGB connection to USB. Would his best long term bet be to buy a new headset with a USB lead. Thanks for any advice.

Totally-braindead 17:18 PM 04 Jul 07

I thought RGB was the output to a monitor for the colours etc.

Totally-braindead 17:18 PM 04 Jul 07

Or a TV but a display anyway, its nothing to do with USB.

Stuartli 17:44 PM 04 Jul 07

I think you may be referring to RCA phono plugs.

You can get RCA to 3.5mm jack plug adapters, but I very much doubt you'll find one to USB. See:

click here

click here

MIKE. 18:24 PM 04 Jul 07

Thanks Totally-braindead and Stuartli. Yes I should have realised what Totally-braindead said about output to a monitor getting older and more daft. The bigest problem I have is not seeing the lead my son is talking about so cannot see what connections he has. Also thanks Stuartli for that address when my son gets home I will see what connectors are needed. Thanks again for all your help.

Stuartli 18:43 PM 04 Jul 07

A headset will normally have a 3.5mm stereo jack plug for sound, plus one for a mike socket; the alternative, of course, is the USB version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11