RF input

fazza8 10:50 26 Jul 03

I am going to France to stay in a gite and would like to watch DVDs when the kids have gone to bed. We?ve stayed there before and we think the telly was bought to watch General De Gaulle?s first TV broadcast (probably a bit of an exaggeration!). I have a PS2, a DVD player and a laptop. Is there a lead which will go into the RF socket at the back of the telly which will allow me to use any of these 3 devices?

Valvegrid 11:00 26 Jul 03

The TV standard in France is different to the standard here, we use the PAL system and France use SECAM:

click here

At the moment I'm not sure of the answer as you would have to put the DVD and Laptop through an RF modulator to convert to the SECAM system. If I can find something I'll re-post.

Valvegrid 11:12 26 Jul 03

Sorry, I've re-read your thread and you've got a PS2 digibox I think it's called. If I remember this has SCART to SCART in which case I take it the TV doesn't have a SCART because of it's age, am I correct in that assumption? If this is correct your going to have to have a modulator that the SCART plugs into.

My search continues for you.

Valvegrid 11:32 26 Jul 03

I think I've found it! This will accept the SCART plug from the PS2 and the modulated RF signal from this little box plugs into the back of the TV, all for the grand sum of £39.50.

click here

fazza8 11:46 26 Jul 03

Brilliant help. You're a star. Cheers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…