Rewriting CDs

polonius 16:46 10 Apr 03

I've had great help so far! I have, for first time, a PC with CD Rewriter. Never used this facility, don't know how to. Can anyone tell me where I can find an idiot's guide? Thanks.

Ben Avery (Work) 16:47 10 Apr 03

did you get with the CDRW drive?

Was it Nero or Easy CD Creator?

BA

Lú-tzé 16:49 10 Apr 03

Most likely with the pc comes a software package called either Nero Burning ROM or Roxio CD Creator - have a look for either of these.

If you have one or the other, they have good help files and are pretty intuitive to use.

Perhaps you also have a CD for either program - if so, there is likely to be a manual on it - have a look there.

Ben Avery (Work) 16:55 10 Apr 03

With Nero:

Open up the Nero Express program.

Click on "Data CD" (non bootable)

Use "drag and drop" or the "Add" function to choose the files you want to burn onto the CD

Click on "Next" when you are finished adding.

Select your burn speed (usually the maximum is best)

Then hit the "Burn" button!

The CD will now be created.

With ECDC:

Open the program.

Select your project (e.g. Data CD)

Use the top window pane to select your files (like windows explorer)

To add files click on "Add"

When all files have been selected click on the Record button (Big red dot)

Select burn speed (similar screen to Nero for burn speed options etc.)

Select Burn

Done!

Very condensed explanation for burning data. For audio, select the audio cd option (only use mp3 to play mp3 songs on your PC or compatible player - most hi-fi's DO NOT play mp3 audio CD's although many DVD players do). The main difference you'll notice is the bar at the bottom of the screen (in both cases) which tell you how much space you have used/left.

With data this is measured in MB

With Audio it is measured in Minutes.

Don't go above the limit!

Have fun!

BA

asilvey 12:01 14 Jun 04

Problem. New CD-RW disk says that the disk is write protected. How do I 'un protect' it. So far I have formatted it but I dont think I need to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…