rewriter drives not burning

Eileanbeag 20:24 24 Nov 08

I have been on to Mesh five times today with the above problem. I have desktop running Vista Home and today both rewriters stopped working - they will play and show files but will not burn. I have tried two different softwares to try to do the job and they just freeze. Mesh say it must be a software problem and want me to use their Software support at £1 per minute which I think is a bit much. If I format and reinstall will this solve the problem and if so how do I go about this with Windows Vista and a recovery disc or would it be possible to restore to Factory settings. All advice appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:06 24 Nov 08

In device manager uninstall the drives then reboot, let windows find and reinstall, see if they will then write.

Eileanbeag 21:26 24 Nov 08

Have donlue that and now have blue screen saying: a problem has been detcted and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer IRQL_NOT_less_OR_EQUAL.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 24 Nov 08

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

Eileanbeag 21:34 24 Nov 08

Will I solve this problem by using the Mesh disc to reinstall Vista?

Eileanbeag 21:52 24 Nov 08

Cannot boot up even in safe mode exceptninto blue screen - any answers please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:51 24 Nov 08

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often caused by ram error.

Remove and refit the memory sticks one at a time and retry

Eileanbeag 23:08 24 Nov 08

Have just run Windows memory tool which has reported a hardware problem - did not give details but rbooted to blue screen - will memory make a difference?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:22 24 Nov 08

Yes

Plus you will not be able to reinstall windows if you have faulty memory.

Eileanbeag 23:35 24 Nov 08

So can I do anything?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:23 25 Nov 08

TRy one memory stick at a time to see which is faulty.
replace the defective memory stick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…