Rework Toshiba laptop v HP 6720, advice please?

Effie 23:26 18 Jun 08

I am thinking of getting either a reworked Toshiba Satellite A100-225 with a 3 month Toshiba warranty or a HP 6720s Laptop Intel Celeron M550.

Please can anyone suggest which option is the better one given they both cost about the same amount of money.

click here

click here

brundle 09:10 19 Jun 08

The Toshiba has by far the better CPU, the HP has Vista and only 1GB, which in combination with the slower processor will make it much less enjoyable to use.

gazzaho 09:46 19 Jun 08

I've owned a Satellite 100-188 for two years now and it hasn't missed a beat (touch wood) I would recommend Toshiba notebooks to anyone.

On processor and graphics specs I would have to agree with brundle the Toshiba would seem be the better buy, but it is reworked and might just decide to go belly up a week after it's out of the 3 month warranty, then again you could say that about any PS regardless of warranty duration. I don't own a Vista PC at the moment myself but from what I've read the HP laptop may as well have XP installed, the last thing you need with that OS is a slow processor and minimum memory.

martjc 21:44 19 Jun 08

...Tosh make a bl..dy good laptop and the refurb is nothing to worry about. It will be working perfectly when/if you buy it - and cheaper than the equivalent [new] machine.

Yeahh! Tosh is the one to go for.

Joe R 21:49 19 Jun 08

Effie,

For just a little extra. click here

chub_tor 21:55 19 Jun 08

The Toshiba gets my vote too, it has a Firewire input and a 5 in 1 card reader. Better value in my opinion.

Effie 21:58 20 Jun 08

Hi folks, Many thanks for your help .

I just found out that the battery of the Toshiba only lasts for up to 2 hours 8 minutes, not 4 as advertised.

I'm very dissapointed as I'd like to be able to watch the occasional dvd whilst stuck in airports and seemingly, watching dvds is considered a high usage event so I might not get to see the end of my film given the battery life expectancy. Morgans who were selling it, have advised me to steer clear of this one because of the low battery life.

You live and learn don't you but thanks everyone for your help. It was much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…