Revoked Roots Update - cannot install

keyboardqueen 15:20 PM 05 Jan 13

My pc will not install the latest windows update (KB2798897) The error message I get says " Revoked Roots Update INF Install failure. Access denied". It's installed fine on my laptop. Im running win xp sp 3 on my pc with automatic updating. Thanks for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:12 PM 05 Jan 13

Are you logged in as an administrator?

keyboardqueen 16:14 PM 05 Jan 13

Yes, I am.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:20 PM 05 Jan 13

Its usually because your not an administrator or the inf file is corrupted and will not link to the cat file.

I suggest you try re-downloading first

keyboardqueen 16:26 PM 05 Jan 13

Im definately logged in as admin. Also, ive downloaded it several times and still get the same message :(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 PM 05 Jan 13

This update revokes the trust of the following certificates by putting them in the Microsoft Untrusted Certificate Store:

*.google.com issued by *.EGO.GOV.TR

e-islem.kktcmerkezbankasi.org issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

*.EGO.GOV.TR issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are installing equipment drivers from these people.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 PM 05 Jan 13

This update revokes the trust of the following certificates by putting them in the Microsoft Untrusted Certificate Store:

*.google.com issued by *.EGO.GOV.TR

e-islem.kktcmerkezbankasi.org issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

*.EGO.GOV.TR issued by TURKTRUST Elektronik Sunucu Sertifikasi Hizmetleri

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are installing equipment drivers from these people.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites