review web site

gell 15:31 27 Jul 06

I use PP web 9 and have produced what I think is an ambitious web with it. I would be grateful if you experts out there gave me an opnion.
click here

Thanks all!

ade.h 15:51 27 Jul 06

I don't really want to give you a list of things that should be improved on this occasion, as it's too negative. Instead, I will suggest looking at other similar sites for inspiration. Below are just a few well-designed sites that I picked from a search. Have a good look at them, think about what makes them work well, and try to implement some of those ideas and styles. Nothing wrong with a little bit of pagiarism as long as you don't go so far as to take copyrighted material.

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

ade.h 15:53 27 Jul 06

Plagiarism, even.

gell 16:07 27 Jul 06

Thanks for advice.I looked at all the sites you mentioned. They are all formal and, in my poor opinion do not give the information my site does. I know it is not what you get from a standard web site but it produces results and has a google rating.Thanks for replying. i appreciate the time taken

ade.h 16:10 27 Jul 06

You're advertising a business - and a Golf club, not a Circus - so it needs to be fairly formal in order to give a good impression.

ade.h 17:34 27 Jul 06

RE: your comment "....do not give the information my site does"

I suggest that you look more closely at the first link in particular. It is an excellent example of how a site such as this should be designed and laid out, with all the information that one might need logically placed and accessible.

I wish I had designed it myself, actually.

Midsman2005 19:35 27 Jul 06

For the website designer beginner keeping it as simple as possible is the key.

They may not look professional, but they are easy to look at and navigate which is good enough for most visitors.

I think you could improve your website easily, just by making a few simple changes.

Have your navigation bar running horizontally across the top of the website underneath your title.

Keep the same font type, colour and size for text other than headings (which you should also keep the same throughout). Do not change it all the time as it makes it look weird.

Keep the same navigation bar running throughout all of your pages.

Continuity throught is important.

Definitely remove that counter.

Remove that box at the top. Although it is a nice idea things like that need to be placed very carefully or they are just irritating.

All the best.

gell 09:51 28 Jul 06

Thanks for all criticism which I have taken to heart. Incidentally I can't get my pics shown in Firefox. Don't know why.

Ade_1 18:12 29 Jul 06

What I would say is,

- Keep it formal
- Use plain text such as Arial, Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS
- Keep a continuous layout.

I may have repeated some points that have already been said but im offering my opinion.

Ade_1 18:12 29 Jul 06

*I meant my suggestions for improvement, not opinion*

ade.h 18:21 29 Jul 06

All your images are displayed in Firefox - including the slideshow once my script blocker is turned off.

The site is getting better now; it is much easier on the eye than it was, but it just needs a bit more style added to the elements and a neater layout.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…